All Things Ops
Ep 02 - How Yann Mulonda Drives Tech Education & Leverages his Global Experience in his "Run"-Team
How to encourage continuous learning and integration in your tech teams
In this episode, our host Elias Voelker talks to Yannick Mulonda, Senior SRE and Team Lead for the "Run" team at ICF, and CIO of ITOT Africa.
They talk about:
- How global experiences shape tech leadership and benefit inclusion in your team
- The importance of understanding concepts vs. knowing tools in IT operations
- How working with clients’ different requirements for their IT systems encourages continuous learning and integration in Yann’s team
- How Yann uses his blog to help his tech education mission on a broad scale
- How ITOT Africa’s mission of technology education for the next generation aims to benefit Africa’s economic development
Yann is a Senior SRE and Tech & Team Lead at ICF. At ICF, His expertise ranges from building automation, providing support, troubleshooting critical issues, to specifying, deploying and maintaining internal tools. Yann has an educational background in Electronics, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Information Technology, and a Master of Science in Software Engineering and Artificial Intelligence. Yann speaks five languages, is passionate about open source, and prefers Linux. He is also the CIO of ITOT Africa, a company dedicated to bring technology education to Africa.
Founded in 1969, ICF is a global provider of consulting and technology services. Combining unmatched expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities, ICF's 5,000+ employees provide consulting services in areas including Cybersecurity, Digital and Marketing, International Development, and many others.
About the host
Elias is Director of International and Indirect Business at tribe29.
Yann's Blog: https://medium.com/@yannmjl