What does it take to run a cloud provider's infrastructures efficiently and securely?
In this episode of "All Things Ops", our host Elias talks to Jerry Bell, CISO of IBM's cloud division, veteran IT leader and host of the "Defensive Security" podcast.
What's in it for you:
- Why IT teams would benefit from more exposure to red teaming and to pen testing techniques
- What ITOps and DevOps teams are missing to adequately design and run things in the cloud
- Organizational best practices to running at 'cloud scale'
- What role monitoring and observability should play in security
- How the industry can reap the benefits of open source & alleviate some of the challenges it brings
Jerry is the CISO of IBM's cloud division and has held leadership positions in IT and IT security for nearly 30 years. He is responsible for the security of their cloud and for all connected services they offer. Jerry discovered podcasting about 10 years ago. When he was about 10 years old, Jerry started getting into computers, and crashed his first one at the age of 10 and a half.
Find Jerry on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/maliciouslink/ (this is not a mistake ;-) )
Find Jerry on Twitter: https://twitter.com/maliciouslink
Jerry’s Defensive Security Podcast: https://defensivesecurity.org/
IBM is the largest international technology, consulting and innovation company in the world. Clients are represented in 170 countries and served by more than 400,000 employees. IBM offers its clients a wide range of experience in business consulting, technology and research and development with the world's most advanced servers and supercomputers.
About the host
Elias is Director of International and Indirect Business at tribe29. Get in touch with Elias via LinkedIn or email: elias[dot]voelker[at]tribe29.com