Checkmk Conference #6 goes digital. Get your tickets here!
|Title||Jira: Notification plugin|
|Checkmk Edition||Checkmk Enterprise Edition (CEE)|
|Compatibility||Compatible - no manual interaction needed|
Check_MK now supports integration with Jira. You can create issues for Host an Service Problems and optional set a resolution on recovery notifications.
In Jira you have to add two custom fields to your project screen as described here.
In Check_MK, under "WATO - Notifications", create a new notification rule and select Jira.
Parameters to set:
- JIRA URL: The URL to your Jira environment
- User Name: Jira username
- Password: Jira password
- Project ID: The Project ID the issues should be created in
- Issue type ID: The issue type ID
- Host custom field ID: The first custom field ID you created in Jira
- Service custom field ID: The second custom field ID you created in Jira
- Monitoring URL: URL of your Check_MK environment to create hyperlinks back to Check_MK (eg. https://server/site)
- Priority ID: The priority ID (optional)
- Summary for host notifications: The summary the created host issue should use (optional)
- Summary for service notifications: The summary the created service issue shoud use (optional)
- Label: Label for Jira issues. If not set, 'monitoring' will be used. (optional)
- Activate resultion with following resolution transistion ID: If set, the created issue will be resolved with the configured resolution ID (optional)
- Set optional timeout for connections to JIRA: Timeout in seconds, default is 10 (optional)
You need different Jira IDs to open/resolve issues. There are different ways to get this IDs:
- Retrieve with the a script (example: project_id):
#!/usr/bin/env python import requests USER = "JIRA_USERNAME" PW = "JIRA_PASSWORD" PROJECT_KEY = "JIRA_PROJECT_NAME" JIRA_SERVER = "https://jira.server.your-domain.de" sess = requests.Session() sess.auth = (USER, PW) resp = sess.get("%s/rest/api/2/project" % JIRA_SERVER, verify=False) project_id = [item["id"] for item in resp.json() if item["key"] == PROJECT_KEY] print(project_id)
For issuetype and priority ID use:
resp = sess.get("%s/rest/api/2/issuetype" % JIRA_SERVER) resp = sess.get("%s/rest/api/2/priority" % JIRA_SERVER)
More information about the Jira API can be found here.