|Component||Checks & Agents|
|Title||Windows Agent 1.6 Beta 4: new features|
|Checkmk Edition||Checkmk Raw Edition (CRE)|
|Compatibility||Compatible - no manual interaction needed|
Summary of the features introduced in Windows Agent beta 4:
- Asynchronous plugins with 'cache_age' set to 0 are supported now. In previous version such plugins have been assumed as synchronous.
- The Uninstallation of the Windows Agent doesn't remove 'config' and 'state' directories from the Agent Data directory to prevent user data loss.
- The start of the Windows Agent may be delayed by a few seconds to allow asynchronous plugins to finish their work. This feature has no effect for normal situation when agent is running as a service, but may be useful to test asyncronous plugins.
- Now the Agent uses next directories: The Windows Agent installs own binary files in the directory "Program Files (x86)\checkmk\service" For user and bakery data the Windows Agent uses the directory "ProgramData\checkmk\agent"
- The macroses used in the configuration files had been renamed $BUILTIN_AGENT_PATH$ -> is C:/Program Files(x86)/checkmk/service/ $BUILTIN_PLUGINS_PATH$ -> is C:/Program Files(x86)/checkmk/service/plugins $CUSTOM_AGENT_PATH$ -> is C:/ProgramData/checkmk/agent/ $CUSTOM_PLUGINS_PATH$ -> is C:/ProgramData/checkmk/agent/plugins $CUSTOM_LOCAL_PATH$ -> is C:/ProgramData/checkmk/agent/local
- The logfile check_mk.log have been moved to the "ProgramData/checkmk/agent/log" directory
- The configuration files check_mk.user.yml and check_mk.yml had been revised, cleaned of old and unused data and better documented.
- The default timeout for all plugins is set to 60 seconds, previously the timeout was set to 30.
- Now all names in any yml configuration file with the leading underscore are considered invalid and skipped from the output when the command showconfig is used.