Checkmk Conference #6 is coming. Get your tickets here!
You can find here the topics and the course of the training "System Monitoring with Checkmk - Part 2: Advanced Topics". This represents content of the slides shown during the training. You will find the corresponding site numbers if a proper article is present in the manual so you can find these during the training.
1. Day 1
1.2. The omd command
1.3. Command line
- Checkmk on the command lineWorking with the command cmk in a shell
- Retrieving status data via LivestatusGetting livestatus data manually and through scripts
1.4. WATO Web-API
1.5. Advanced functionality
- Checkmk's simulation modeRunning Checkmk in the sumulation mode
- Datasource programsDatasourceprograms
2. Day 2
2.1. Business Intelligence
- Alert handlersIntroduction into the Checkmk alert handler
2.4. Extending Checkmk
- Checkmk extension packages (MKPs)Using Checkmk packages (MKPs)
3. Day 3
3.1. Event Console
- The event consoleIntroduction into the Event Console
3.2. Hardware-/Software Inventory
4. Day 4
- AvailabilityHow does Checkmk calculate the availability?
- ReportsIntroduction ino the reporting module
4.3. The Micro Core
- The Checkmk micro core (CMC)The purpose of the monitoring core
- Migration to the CMCMigration from Nagios to CMC
- Special characteristics of the CMCSpecific characteristics of the CMC
- CMC's files and directoriesFiles and directories - where are the files?
5. Day 5
5.1. Managing users with LDAP
5.2. Plugins & Agents
- Monitoring ORACLE databasesMonitoring ORACLE
- Monitoring VMWare ESXiMonitoring VMWare ESX