Distributed Monitoring with Checkmk [German]
In this four-hour workshop you will learn about the advantages of distributed monitoring. There are sound reasons for monitoring with more than one Checkmk instance:
- Performance: Spreading the processing load of a monitoring system over multiple sites.
- Organisation: Individual teams should be able to manage sites independently.
- Availability: The monitoring at one site should function independently of other sites.
- Security: The data flows between two secure areas should be separated and precisely controllable (DMZ, etc.).
- Network: Sites with narrowband or unreliable connectivity can only be monitored remotely.
During our workshop, you will not only learn about four possible scenarios for a distributed monitoring with Checkmk, but you will also configure and test them yourself in the training lab setup especially for this purpose.
Note: the following dates take place at different times!
- 24. Mai 2022: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- 27. June 2022: 1:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Introduction and overview
- Reasons for distributed monitoring
- Possible scenarios for Checkmk
- Merging multiple sites into a single overview
- Implementation of the central and the remote site(s)
- Setting up the configuration
- Dissolving the central configuration
- Combining multiple remote sites
- Connecting the central site with the remote sites
Agend updates in distributed monitoring
Migrating to a centralized configuration
- Host tags
- Edit once and save
- The starting point - Why CMC Dump?
- Basic configuration
- Regular updates
Length: 4 hours
Minimum no. of attendees:
Target audience: Checkmk administrators
Requirements: Knowledge of the web interface up to v.2.0
Price: €474,81 (incl. VAT)Request training