Checkmk: Site disk usage
Monitors the disk usage of a site. This tool helps experts to detect
anomalies. We currently monitor the following directories:
- var/log/ - Logging files. Increasing the logging levels can cause this
directory to grow rapidly.
- tmp/ - Temporary and runtime files, for example piggyback data and report files. If
there is too much data here, it can indicate an issue.
- local/ - Customizations such as custom checks, MKPs, notification scripts
and many more. Large amounts of data in this directory can slow down
activate changes in distributed environments.
- var/check_mk/agents/ - Baked agent files and related temporary files.
- var/check_mk/core/ - The current monitoring state alongside the full
monitoring history. The data here can impact monitoring performance.
- var/pnp4nagios/ - PNP graphs stored in an old format, which is no longer
used. An increase in disk usage can indicate a problem with the graphing.
The following directories give insight into the state of the site. There
are no direct actions to be taken or consequences for monitoring.
- var/check_mk/rrd/ - Modern graphing data.
- var/mkeventd/history/ - Contains archived events from the Event Console.
- var/check_mk/inventory_archive/ - A cache of the HW/SW Inventory data.
The name of the site.
One service is create for each site.