Werk #10719: Introducing new checks for huawei switches
|Component||Checks & Agents|
|Title||Introducing new checks for huawei switches|
|Date||Feb 10, 2020|
|Checkmk Editon||Checkmk Enterprise (CEE)|
|Compatibility||Compatible - no manual interaction needed|
This werk introduces new checks to support monitoring huawei switches.
Specifically tested with models S5720 or S6720.
All checks support the stacking function of huawei switches in which multiple devices are connected together to logically function as one device.
With this werk it is possible to monitor the following components of huawei switches:
- huawei_switch_cpu: Monitors CPU utilization. Levels can be configured in WATO.
- huawei_switch_mem: Monitors Memory utilization. Levels can be configured in WATO.
- huawei_switch_fan: Monitors fan speed in percentage. Levels can be configured in WATO.
- huawei_switch_temp: Monitors the temperature in celcius. Levels can be configured in WATO.
- huawei_switch_psu: Monitors the operational status of the PSUs. Reports "CRITICAL" status if a PSU is not enabled.
- huawei_switch_stack: Monitors the stack composition and the roles of its members. There are three kinds of roles that members of a stack can be in: "master", "standby" and "slave". If the current role of a member is different from when it was discovered, the state of the service changes to CRIT.