Checkmk was shipped with a dependency to PHP7 for SLES15SP3. Since PHP7 is
part of the legacy module, this Werk updates the dependency from PHP7 to PHP8.
As SLES only allows one version of PHP to be installed, the following steps
will uninstall PHP7 from the system and install the new version of Checkmk
with PHP8. Be aware that this procedure updates PHP from version 7 to 8 for the whole OS. In case you run additional PHP applications next to Checkmk, the update will also affect them.
Run the following commands to perform the update to the new Checkmk version:
- add SLES-15SP4 repo to get PHP8 with zypper addrepo https://updates.suse.com/SUSE/Products/SLE-BCI/15-SP4/x86_64/product/ sles15sp4
- install the new Checkmk version with zypper install NEW_CHECKMK.rpm
- Zypper will now complain about a conflict with several PHP packages and asks you to select a solution. There, select solution 1 to confirm the deinstallation of the current Checkmk version, the PHP7 modules and to continue with the installation
- confirm the installation of the new Checkmk version and PHP8 with yes
- removing the existing Checkmk version will throw an error like
Site <SITENAME> is still using this version! Removal of <OLD_CHECKMK>(@System) failed:, proceed by choosing ignore which creates a inconsistent state for the old Checkmk version package, which we will resolve in a later step.
- PHP7 will be removed and PHP8 gets installed
- change to the site user with omd su SITE_NAME
- stop the site with omd stop
- perform the update to the new Checkmk version with omd update, select Update at the user prompt
- in case further prompts regarding wrong permissions of BUILD files appear, choose the default value with d
- start the site again with omd start
- exit from the site user
- list all installed Checkmk version with omd versions
- finally remove the old Checkmk installation with zypper remove OLD_CHECKMK
To the list of all Werks