Werk #2225: Restructured Event Console rules into packs
|Title||Restructured Event Console rules into packs|
|Date||May 4, 2015|
|Checkmk Editon||Checkmk Raw (CRE)|
|Compatibility||Compatible - no manual interaction needed|
The Event Console now groups event rules into Packs. If you update to the new version you will find all your existing rules to be contained in the pack Default rule pack. The execution of the rules within a pack is just as it was in the global list of rules before. But now you can have several packs. The execution of the rules is done in the order of the packs and within each pack in the order there. This helps you to keep on overview - especially if you have a lot of rules.
But there are a couple of more advantages from the packs:
- You can easily reorder packs as a whole
- Packs can be disabled as a whole
- Event simulation can show matching rules on the level of the packs
- Rules can be moved from one pack to another
- A new rule option in Actions and Outcome can be used to have a rule skip all other rules in the same pack and continue with the next one. That way you can for example create a pack Oracle. As a first rule you match for (?!ORA-) and set the rule type to Skip this rule pack. That way if a message arrives that does not contain ORA- all of the following rules in that pack will not by tried out. This can make your configuration easier and also will speed up the Event Console since the number of rule tries is being reduced.