It is now possible to cascade livestatus proxy configurations. This comes in
handy to build cascaded distributed GUI (status GUI) setups.
The feature has been build for a scenario like this:
- A distributed setup where you have remote sites that are not directly
- These remote sites are only reachable through a single
"location master" site
- You use the "location masters" for
configuration of all the related sites
- The central site is only used
as central operating site (overview, reporting) and not for configuration
To get a cascading setup, configure Check_MK like this:
- Location master: Create one site in "Distributed configuration" for each
local site. Configure the connection parameters to use the Livestatus Proxy.
Set the new option to open a TCP port for this connection and insert a TCP port
that is currently not used on the local machine (e.g. 6560).
viewer site: Create one site in "Distributed configuration" for each remote
site. Configure it to use the Livestatus Proxy. Set the destination IP address
to the IP address of the "Location master" server and set the TCP port to the
port you configured for the site in the previous step.
After this you should be able to connect to your cascaded remote sites through
the Livestatus Proxy of the "Location master".
To the list of all Werks