Oracle introduced the Containerdatabase (CDB) with 12c.
Important information for the monitoring user:
It is mandatory to create a specified user in Oracle.
Be aware that the prefix c## is only usable in a CDB and
it is not possible to use this user in non CDB (old setups!)
For Databases with CDB:
* create user c##check_mk identified by "secret";
* alter user c##check_mk set container_data=all container = current;
* grant create session, select_catalog_role to c##check_mk container=all;
For Databases without CDB:
* create user check_mk identified by "geheim";
* grant create session, select_catalog_role to check_mk:
The plugin is compatible against non CDB environments.
There was a work arround for monitoring 1 PDB inside a
CDB with the old version of mk_oracle. This will not
work anymore, because the plugin creates new output and
the checks creates new services.
Plese do a services Discovery in environments with the
work arround. Don't forget to change rules for changed
To the list of all Werks