The service list status views of Check_MK can now be sorted by the column "Perf-O-Meter".
The sorting of the perfometers is sorted by these values:
- First sort by the optional perfometer group or perfometer ID
- Second sort by the sort value of each perfometer
The Perfometer group / perfometer ID
Each perfometer declaration can have an optional element sort_group. This element
holds a string that can be used to group different perfometers (that visualize comparable values)
In case no sort_group is defined, the internal ID of the perfometer definition is used.
This means that all perfometers which are rendered by the same logical function are sorted together
in a perfometer group.
The sort value
The sort value of a perfometer is calculated in different ways for each perfometer type based on
the current metrics of this service.
- Logarithmic: The single logarithmic value displayed by this perfometer is used
- Linear: The first segment of the displayed values is used
- Stacked: The sort value of the first stacked perfometer is used
- Dual: The maximum of both displayed value is used for sorting
The sorting only works for perfometers that are implemented as metric plugin
(in plugins/metrics/). The legacy perfometers that are implemented as perfometer
plugins can not be sorted.
Dear check developers: All perfometers that visualize equal types of values have to be
sorted together in a sort group. For example all checks that monitor fileystems should have
equal perfometers that can be compared to each other and should therefor be sortable by their
To the list of all Werks