AWS EC2: Limits
This check monitors the AWS/EC2 limits.
To make this check work you have to configure the related
Amazon Web Services (AWS).
We have the following default limits:
- VPC Elastic IP Addresses, 5
- Elastic IP Addresses, 5
- Rules of VPC security group, 120
- VPC security groups, 2500
- VPC security groups of elastic network interface, 5
- Spot Instance Requests, 20
- Active Spot Fleet Requests, 1000
- Spot Fleet Requests Total Target Capacity, 5000
- Total Running On-Demand Instances, 20
- Running On-Demand Instances of different types, 20
From above API method we addtionally get the amount of used
instances/space per limit type.
With both values we calculate the usage of each limit type
The upper levels for
CRIT are set to 80, 90 percent per type.
For each limit type the limit and usage levels are configurable.
If limits are enabled account attributes of EC2 resource are
One service is created per monitored AWS region.